Colored Pencils

A look back at some of my old work with colored (and uncolored!) pencils.

 I made this back in high school. The features, hair and dress I made up, but I looked at myself in the mirror for a reference. I remember how surprised people were at school that I could do something so amazing as drawing from a mirror. But those were simpler times.






 I drew a bunch of these and hung them up in my room. I particularly liked copying pictures of less popular characters, and I will say this: the more "classic" and old school you go, the harder they are to draw correctly.







Ah, my first foray into the world of the mechanical pencil. It was all I had to draw with, and the tip broke off. But that was lucky for me, because I discovered that you can get crazy small details that are harder to get with a regular pencil. Unless you have a really good pencil sharpener, which I definitely didn't at that time. The actual size of this picture is quite small.





 A pretend advertisement I had to do for school. I had no idea what those blue flower things were, but I saw them in a magazine and knew I had to draw them. Years later I saw the actual flowers in Virginia, but I forget what they are called.





 There's nothing like putting together magazine pictures to make your own composition. Ours had to have food, wood, glass, and metal so I think this met the criteria.






It met the criteria so well that we had to re-do it in black and white. Color was definitely harder. Well, that's all for this trip down memory lane. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloaks But No Daggers

The Book of Kells: The Name Of Jesus

The Sacramental Keepsake Box