Doll Fashion Show

Talk about a quick job! I did this one in just under two days, using only materials I had on hand. My daughter volunteered to be part of a fashion show for the Derby Days here in town. She would be wearing a Victorian-style dress and carrying her doll. Dolly was supposed to wear something yellow, so that she would kind of match, but where's the fun in that? I decided to make a replica of the outfit my daughter would be wearing.
I didn't have any yellow fabric, but I had some yellowish-orange chiffon, and some white muslin, so I layered them together and the effect was that of yellow fabric. Lace, ribbon, and a flower rosette I found in my stash completed the outfit. And while it's not an exact replica, it's pretty close, and it looked well with my girl's dress.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cake Bawse - Irish Dance Birthday Cake

The Book of Kells: The Name Of Jesus

A Tale of Two Shirts