Old Town Albuquerque


I'm trying to get some practice drawing landscapes and backgrounds. I took a lot of reference photos on our cross-country journeys for this exact purpose. And here is a sketch of Old Town Albuquerque. Lots of interesting architecture with lots of interesting little details. I realize my perspective is a little off on the planters in the foreground, but overall I'm pleased with how it came out. Especially compared to my last attempt at drawing. Behold a sketch I made while on the train from the Grand Canyon. Granted, the train was moving, so I was trying to do what I could at a rapid pace, and  I was trying to do it in color, which changes everything, but...bleh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Kells: The Name Of Jesus

Cloaks But No Daggers

Cake Bawse - Irish Dance Birthday Cake